Friday, March 05, 2010

Tilt up a bit

i got another lesson yesterday..
i stay back again.. like always...
while waiting for Cha to come and collect his cheque, i had a great chat with Adam..
yes, Adam.. my boss...

I normally will be totally disagree when someone throw me the idea that "studying is such a waste of time.." i personally don't understand why people can say that education is not important.. sigh..

but yesterday was a totally different story..
When Adam said that, i was shock..
but as usual, i will obediently listen to him because I think he is one of the successful people I encounter and i'll be the biggest jerk if i debate him straight away..

So, I ask him why he said that..
Then he started the story about his life which I will make it short here..

He was not a good student back then, in fact he's one of the worst. He didn't finish his study because he was a disgust in his college..
By that he started working and people really look down on him. Until at one point they really said all those things that make him realized that he must show them what he got.

Along the way he met lots of people, and most of the successful people didn't even go to college after school..

This is when he paused and ask me what did I learn in university? Why did I go to university?
I just keep quiet coz I don't have the answer at the time..

Then we continue with a loooong chat that give a good conclusion in the end...

it's not that education is not important and such a waste of time.. Education is the best thing you will have if you know why you want to have it..
Most of us go to college and university and take a course that we don't even sure whether that's the right one for us.
Because of that, we neglect the lessons. We 'ponteng' class. And when we go to class, we don't know what to ask because we never see the real things and we have no idea of what's the lecturer is teaching. Of course, we were just a kid...

There are so many different ways to be successful. The question now is whether we are ready or not to be one..

p/s: some of us do know how to empty their glass and fill it up with the right drink..

No comments: